Cerca nel blog

Articolo:

lunedì 13 novembre 2017

Two apps that helped me learning to code

I’m studying how to develop an iOS app using Swift and Xcode of course. I’m attempting a course and aside with it I found very helpful using this two apps I’m going to present you today.

In this image there are two logos. The first is "Py" app logo, the second one is "SoloLearn" app logo.

The first one is SoloLearn. I loved it since the first time, many years ago. The app is very well made, free and take you through the first steps in your coding journey. If you want to read books or attempting courses etc. you’ll appreciate the grounding this app will give to you. 

SoloLearn

Speaking about the application, there are many of them in the App Store. One for each course. So you will find the Swift one but also the HTML and Python ones.If you don’t want to download more apps for more courses (thing I do because I prefer the stand-alone apps to the “All-in-one” app) you can download one app, called SoloLearn: Learn to Code that include all SoloLearn courses.Note: The courses are fantastic but for Swift I found that the version explained is the 2 one. For this reason some things differ from the last version. But the main concepts are ok.
A pro feature is the community. Sometimes a comment from the community could clarify your doubts (comment feature helped me more than once).

soloLearn screenshot, there is the functions’ section opened.soloLearn screenshot with chapters with green background and white checks.

Py, another app for learning to code

I discover this app a week ago, I really got surprised. So far no app had been as good as SoloLearn. Now I Can affirm that Py is a really good “competitor”. It’s very similar: step-by-step process with mini task/challenges to solve but with some more functions.I found great the API dedicated chapter. I read “APIs” everywhere, in many fields; now I’m trying to learn something about them.Unlike SoloLearn, Py doesn’t have the comment form to let people help each other. You can see in a “Pro plan” a feature called Live Help that would be something like that but I didn’t try it yet, it’s a paid service.
there are six boxes with text in them. It is a Py app screenshot made from iPhone 8.Py app screenshot representing courses from Py app.